Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Sunrise

a sunrise.
One of the most simple yet beautiful things God ever gave to us.  The promise that he has created life to go on and the earth to sustain us as we live the life he has created us to live.  What a faithful God we serve, yet so many times I look around me and get caught in the circumstances of life.  I forget about the sunrise.  I forget about the beauty God has given me each and every day if I would just take the time to look.  One of my friends in college started calling me "Sunrise"  because my name is Dawn.  I love the nickname, because it reminds me that God is in control of the sunrise, and He should also be the one in control of this "sunrise."

*Thank you, Lord, for sustaining me, for helping me to rise each day to serve you and do life with you, never alone.  Thank you for my husband, my family, and my friends who you have given me to do life with.  Thank you for this blog, where I can share what you have been teaching me and hopefully learn from others as well.*

"He is like the light of morning at Sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the brightness after rain that brings the grass from the earth." 2 Samuel 23:4  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the verse from 2 Samuel---our source of life! Praying that God will use this to touch many for Jesus!

Anonymous said...

I probably won't view another sunrise the same way! I love your heart. It makes me so thankful for our friendship -- even across the miles! Love!!

Sprinkles from God said...

Love this! Thanks Dawn -

Unknown said...

This is beautiful. I'm so glad we named you Dawn. It is the perfect name for you. Keep up the posts. Can't wait to read the next one. Love Mom

Post a Comment