Friday, April 6, 2012

Simple Faith

As I taught about the death and resurrection of our Savior this week in my kindergarten classroom, I was again reminded that we are taught to have faith like a child in our relationship with Jesus.

After explaining to my students what sin is, I ask them if they have sinned.  I have never had one kindergartener say they never did anything wrong.  They know right away that they are a sinner.  Many people live their whole lives trying to be good enough, to attain what is unattainable for a human sinner.  The only human that never sinned was God in the flesh, Jesus Christ.  Sometimes, at this age, it is still hard for them to truly put their mind around what Christ did for them, but they believe it.  They don't have a thousand arguments, questions, and misconceptions.  They just believe.

Oh, to have faith like a child.  So many people refuse to believe the simplicity of the Gospel that "Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures." 1 Corinthians 15:3-4  When I read this verse to my students, they believe.  They don't debate or ask how this is possible.  They just believe that God can do anything.

Do you believe that way?  Do I believe that way?  As I sit here contemplating the fact that Jesus took my lifetime of sins on his shoulders on the cross that day, I am urged to ask myself this question.  Do I just believe, or do I need to have lots of questions answered before I step out in faith and give my whole self to Jesus every single day of my life.  There will always be questions, and sometimes there will be answers in this life.  Sometimes, we are asked to simply trust and believe that Jesus is who He says He is.

I am committed this Good Friday, the day my Jesus gave His all for me, to give my all for Him.  I don't know what this will look like in the coming months and years, but I can not go wrong with Him number one.  Will you do the same?

Here is a song that has really ministered to my heart today.  Hope it does yours as well. :) Happy Resurrection Weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment