Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Yes, it's been a while...

So I haven't written a blog post since September. I have good intentions but have a hard time sitting down and actually typing an entry. That is changing today. I can't promise when the next one will come, but I am promising to do better. :) There are a lot of quick updates to make, so here goes... 1. I am 28 weeks pregnant. We are so in love with our little man and so excited to meet him in a couple months. He is due May 27th. I absolutely love being pregnant and am so honored to be carrying this life inside my body. I am blown away all the time by the miracle of new life and am so thankful for all the Lord has done in our hearts and lives through the journey we have taken. He has not left us for a moment and has drawn us so much closer to Him and to each other. 2. Aaron is now a Graduate student at Marquette University. He is in the middle of his first class and is pursuing a master's in some facet of mechanical engineering. There is a little bit of a learning curve with this class, because he is an electrical engineer, but he is enjoying the process and working super hard! I'm so proud of him! 3. After much prayer, we felt the Lord leading us to look for a new church and started the process in November. After going to a few different churches, we now find ourselves at Crossway Church and are so excited to be part of the ministry there and getting plugged in. Aaron is in a men's life group that goes over each week's message and talks about application followed by rousing games of ping-pong, I'm doing a Beth Moore study on the book of James, and we are in a 20's & 30's marriage life group on communication. We have made some great friends already and are so thankful for the Lord's leading and direction in our lives. 4. A couple weeks ago, I hurt my foot. How, I have no idea, but it is hurt none the less. I went to the walk-in clinic to get it checked out. They decided to give me this brace/air cast thing and see how it does in the next week or so from then. They didn't do an x-ray, because of the baby but will if it doesn't get better. It is more sore now than it was before, but I'm trying to use ice and heat regularly and stay off it as much as possible. 5. Yesterday was my 29th birthday. 28 was a great year! It started off rocky with final treatment for the ectopic pregnancy I had last winter but was followed by a year of growth, change, and newness. I finished out the year of teaching, knowing I wasn't going to be going back this year, I joined thirty-one, one of the best decisions we've made (I love my job!), the Lord blessed us with a healthy pregnancy, we switched churches, and we enjoyed a lot of little moments in between. 29 will be a year of growth, newness, and change as well in different ways. We are so excited to welcome our little man into this world and to learn how to do life a little bit differently. God is good. I am thankful. <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment